Your big day is Your. Big. Day. And you deserve the wedding of your dreams. The Upper Room Communion has the experience and options to calm your inner bridezilla. Whether you’re a traditional romantic or a bit of a free spirit, an Elvis fanatic or into something intergalactic, your long wish-list of wedding requirements will be our greatest pleasure.
The Upper Room Communion will have a Minister at your venue, on time and solemnising your wedding the way YOU want. From the simple Civil Union to an emotive marriage, filled with butterflies and doves or whatever your heart desires. You pick the setting and one of us will be there to ensure that you and your loved one are correctly and beautifully married. We value highly your freedom to choose and will do all that we can to honour your views, whether they are Spiritual/Non-Spiritual, Religious/Non-Religious, Non-Denominational/Inter-Faith.
As you have no doubt discovered, a lot of planning and thought goes into a wedding and we would like your wedding to be as smooth as possible. To ensure this, you will need the following items ready on the day, or preferably at a quick meeting some time before the wedding. These are:
- 2 x Copies of ID’s for you and your fiancé, and address details.
- 2 x Copies of ID’s of your two witnesses, and their address details.
- 2 x ID or Passport photos of you and your fiancé
- Copies of any decrees of divorce or death certificates if either of you has been married before.
- A letter from your attorney regarding your ANC if you are getting married out of community of property.
- If either of you are not South African / a foreign national, a CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT must be requested from your country of residence (Consulate), prior to applying to marry in SA.
On the day, I will arrive at least thirty minutes prior to the ceremony and calm nerves where needed. I then conduct the ceremony in whatever shape of form you choose, where after the register is signed and I then take it to Home Affairs myself as soon as possible.
The fee includes:
- A meeting for planning, exchange of documents and generally getting to know each other so that the event is warm, engaging and everything you had hoped for.
- Travel to the venue (If it is not too far, outside of Durban will attract additional cost)
- Early arrival on the day to ensure that everything is in place and flows well.
- The full ceremony with officiant’s fee.
- Legal Registration – All of the administration required including submission to Home Affairs.
- Issuing of Marriage Certificate on the day of your marriage
The fees are based on distance travelled, the day of the week and style of wedding and range from R800 – R1500, payable in cash on the day of the celebration.
While every effort is made to accommodate as many people as possible, it may not always be possible to guarantee the availability of any date or timeslot, if it has not been booked and confirmed well in advance.
General Disclaimer of Liability
THE SERVICE AND CONTENT FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION HEREIN MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. THE OWNER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.